I want to start mixing some white fish into my diet and I recognize this type of fish from menus [commonly served as peesh and cheeps] so I decided to give it a shot!
1lb Alaskan cod
3T bread crumbs
1/4-1/2C freshly grated parm
One packet of lemony marinade
It’s good to go outside of your comfort zone–try it!
*Preheat oven to 400 if you choose to bake it
*Preheat a frying pan with oil if you want to fry it
1. Wash those hands of yours!
2. Marinate the fish (an hour would be ideal, but I did mine for 20min)
3. Mix the three dry ingredients in a shallow dish (I used a pie pan)
4. Taking one piece of cod at a time, dredge it in dry mixture
5. Lay each piece on a greased baking sheet or lay it into to hot oil
6. Repeat (without crowding)
7. Bake 10-12 minutes and then broil 1-2 minutes for a bit of color
8. OR pan fry until golden brown and flaky
9. Serve with lemon wedges.
Note: I paired the fish with roasted broccoli and a tomato basil rice. It was a hit with my roommate, but I still prefer my cod deep fried in batter and served with fries! I had an extra helping of broccoli instead =]