If there’s one thing that will always be certain in my life, it’s my love of Oreos. I’m going to go on the record here and say that Oreos are one of the best cookies on Earth. I’ll forever be a fan of the Oreo in it’s basic form, but sometimes I like to kick it up a notch and slap one between two chocolate chip cookies. This cookie has been a hit with my friends and is super easy to make.
The hardest part is not eating all of the Oreos beforehand.
2 sticks or 1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 oz bag chocolate chips (I use 12 ounces to make it extra chocolatey)
1 package Oreo cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Once done, slowly add to wet ingredients. Then add in chocolate chips.
4. Using spoon, take one scoop of cookie dough, flatten it out, add Oreo on top. Take another scoop of dough and place on top of Oreo, press sides together so Oreo is enclosed with dough.
5. Place on parchment or wax paper. The cookies will expand so make sure there is enough space between each cookie. Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Let cool before transferring to cooling rack and ENJOY!