This cake reminded my friend of banana cream pie…the original recipe has no bananas and also tastes great!
French vanilla cake mix
2 ripe mashed bananas
1 can crushed pineapple
1 box instant French vanilla pudding
1 ripe banana
Fresh whipped cream
Toasted coconut to top
(I also crushed up some cereal and added it to the top)
1. Prepare cake mix as directed and then stir in the mashed bananas
2. Bake the cake in a 13×9 pan as directed on box
3. Meanwhile heat pineapple with sugar in a saucepan. 10 minutes on low-medium heat
4. When the cake is done baking, poke holes over it with a fork and pour the pineapple mixture over it
5. Prepare the pudding as directed and pour over the pineapple
6. Top with sliced banana. Chill until cool (3 hours)
7. “Frost” with fresh whipped cream and top with toasted coconut!