Darcy wanted to try out our tortilla bowls, so we had breakfast burrito bowls for dinner!
This recipe is enough to make 4 regular sized burrito bowls.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 large russet potato
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 strips of bacon
- Seasoning salt
- Black pepper
- 2T salsa verde
- Shredded cheese
- Hot sauce (like Valentina or Tapatio)
- Sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Renteu-vos les mans ! (Catalan)
- Wash and cut the potato into 1/4″-1/2″ cubes.
- Bake your tortilla shells as directed for your pan. (8-10 min)
- Cut 3 strips of bacon about half an inch wide and add to a medium to large skillet.
- Once the bacon is crispy, remove it. Drain some of the grease and add the cubed potato. If you want to add onion, now is the time. Season with the season salt (not too much) and pepper.
- Since the potato is cut into small pieces, it won’t take long to cook. Covering the pan will help it cook faster.
- Once the potatoes and onions are finished cooking, add the salsa verde and then the cooked bacon.
- In a smaller pan, cook the additional strip of cut up bacon. Remove the bacon and only save enough grease to scramble two eggs. Lightly beat & season the eggs and cook them.
Time to Build the Breakfast Bowl!
- Add a scoop of the potato/onion/bacon mixture to the bottom.
- Layer scrambled egg on top.
- Add some cheese, hot sauce, and/or sour cream.
- Top with the rest of the bacon!
Switch up the toppings to make it how you like. Green onions and fresh tomato would look nice. Add beans the the bottom and leave out the bacon for a vegetarian dish!