One of my resolutions for 2013 was to try out one new recipe a month. This month’s delicious choice (modified) came from my Quick-Fix Gluten Free cookbook by Robert M. Landolphi. Because I’m always on the go and have limited patience for cooking, this salad was perfect for me! Easy and delicious, here is this month’s cooking project.
What You Need:
- 3C corn kernels
- 1Tbl olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2C diced cucumber
- 1 1/2C grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2tsp ground cumin
- 1/4C LimeAid or lime juice
- 1/4C chopped fresh cilantro
- optional: I threw in some leftover cooked broccoli
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Place the corn on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the edges of the corn begin to brown.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, tomatoes, cumin, LimeAid, cilantro, and corn.