Well ladies and gents, it is my favorite time of the year! Music festival season is upon us! I am so excited to get back to Indio next week for Coachella. There’s nothing I love more than spending days in sunshine with friends and music. My least favorite part, however, is the packing before the trip. I car camp so it’s important for me to bring as little as possible. Below is a list of my music festival must-haves.
1. Festive Accessories: Music festivals are a great opportunity to be bright and bold with your accessories and the one occasion where you can never have too much! With just one small colorful bold accessory, you’ll make a huge statement!
2. Flower Crown: I mean… Obvi, right? Flower crowns are my favorite part of music festival attire. Where else can you wear a big, giant ring of flowers on your head? (Check out below to see the one I made for this year!)
3. Fanny Pack: Okay, you don’t have to use a fanny pack, any lightweight bag will work, but I am desperately trying to bring the fanny pack back! Who’s with me?!
4. Sunnies: These are definitely needed for the hot summer days in the desert. Sunglasses are another accessory you can have fun with. Mix up your standard black and tortoiseshell sunnies with some bright colored specs or even some that are embellished!
5. Lightweight Tops: Coachella gets hot – REAL HOT – during the day, so it’s best to wear a lightweight top. Just make sure you put your sunscreen on!
6. Jacket: As hot as the desert gets during the daytime, it gets as cold at night! Make sure to bring something to cover up with when the sun goes down. (Stylist’s note: Last year it surprisingly rained the first night I was there and sadly, I was not prepared! Don’t make my mistake!)
7. Comfy Shoes: Combat boots, ankle boots and flats are the best shoes for your festival experience. Chances are you will be doing a lot of walking and standing, so make sure your feet are as comfortable as can be. (Stylist’s note: A neutral pair of shoes will go with anything and will save you packing space. I wore one pair of boots last year and they went with every outfit.)
8. Cut-Off Shorts: These are a staple for every music festival (and my summer wardrobe). You can rock a basic pair of cut-offs or embellish them with studs, paint, lace – whatever your heart desires!
9. Hat: Not only is a hat a way to add a little somethin-somethin to your outfit, it also serves as great protection from the sun.
Are any of you attending a music festival this year? Tell me what your must-haves are. And if you’re attending Coachella, I may just see you there!